Sunday, January 20, 2008

First Artefact


The brief of PRP in term 2 requires us create 6 artefacts. It meant that we should through these artefacts to prove our research work. Obviously, my artefacts should be related with comedy and humorous in animation. I have decided to research into technique and method on how to represent humour in the animation. It might sounds a little inexplicit, but I believe it will be understood through the 6 artefacts.

I have decided to create a human being character that is fully rigged and has the facial gestures. I will use him to be the protagonist in the following six artefacts. I will also produce some accessorial models, such as plant, architecture and prop.

For my first artefact, I will produce a short piece funny animation. The story is base on my human being character and the prop is a refrigerator. A man was walking along a road. Suddenly a refrigerator fell down. The man touched his head by habit. It was lucky that his head was not wounded. But when he looked down, he found his feet was hit by the refrigerator.

Through this short humours animation, I intend to explain the anticipative psychology of audience. It means that the person stop to performance temporarily when an accident accrued to a person. Time is left to the audience to think about the consequent things and actions. When the person performs the result to the audience, the audience will feel surprise even though the result is reasonable. In the other words, it can be simple explained that unexpected scenes are seen in the animation, while the consequences arising there from usually go against the common sense. This is the charm of the animation.

For my other artifacts, I will use this character to create 6 different japes in animation and demonstrate different humor elements in the animation.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home